Who is helped?
Men and women of all ages who have lost a spouse through death are welcome to attend. Persons are encouraged to wait at least six months after the death before attending a Joyful Again! program, in order to allow some of the initial shock to lessen.
What happens in the process?
The program is divided into six segments. Each segment consists of a 20-30 minute video, private journaling time and a small-group sharing session, all of which enable participants to reflect on what they have been experiencing after their loss. As the program progresses, showing them the need to move from isolation to community, from looking at the past to focusing on the future.
The forgiveness and thanksgiving services are part of the program’s healing process.
How to bring this program to your area.
Under the supervision of an accredited corporate institution (church, hospice, archdiocese, etc.) a charter group can be formed. There is a licensing agreement to comply with and reporting requirements.
It is required that a group of at least 3 to 5 people attend the training session, and that at least 2 people attend an actual weekend retreat before entering into an agreement. National office staff is available to help with the initial formation of chapter.
What does the program provide?
- Copyrighted videos
- Operation manuals
- Training manuals
- Sample publicity brochures
- National office staff assistance
- Liturgy suggestions
Possible formats for the program.
- (Preferable) 2-day retreat at a retreat house with overnight accommodations.
- 2-day retreat at a location (parish, hospital, etc.) with commuters and no overnight.
- Bereavement support group meetings:
- 3 meetings, with 2 videos shown at each meeting.
- 6 meetings, with l video shown at each meeting.
Send us a Letter:
P.O. Box 1365
La Grange Pk., Illinois 60526-9465
- Listed in the Official Catholic Directory
- Member of the National Association of Family Life Ministries
- Member of the National Catholic Ministry to the Bereaved
- A 501(c)(3) Illinois not for profit corporation